Saturday, August 8, 2026

More Of The Lad Who Loses Out To More

 

            `I was living at home because I was in grade school.  I loved my parents and I tried to help around the house.  I was not certain, yet, about what happened to me.  My parents had not stated anything about me lately.  Such as, one day I was weeding the back yard and the rain began to fall.  I felt surprised. I turned into a box turtle.  I did not want to disrupt anything so I pulled out the weeds with my mouth and dug around with my front paws.  The rain stopped and I walked into the house. My parents either noticed nothing about me or did not mention it to either ignore me or keep me feeling okay.

            One day I skipped school because nobody ever seemed to notice me there.  I hoped that school would not notify my parents that I was not there this day.  Instead of going to High Ridge School, I snuck into the nearby forest preserve and walked my way to Brookfield Zoo.  I’ve been walking through the Zoo, viewing the Ape House and the Australian Animals and as I was watching the Walrus in his outdoor encircled pond, rain began to fall.  As that rain began, I began to turn into a Box Turtle, again.  As I did it again, I did what I always do, again.  This time I saw many fellow children, parents, and lone walkers turning into Snakes and Frogs and a variety of other Reptiles.  We did not run away from each other.  Not because I could not run fast when I was a Box Turtle, and not because the Snakes could not run with feet since they had none.  I did not run; he, she, and they did not run because we looked familiar to each other.  We knew we were not similar to each other.  A Snake is not a Frog which is not a Chameleon, and definitely not a Chemical Lion.  I am not lying.  We all looked familiar to each other because, now that we physically changed, we happened to know each other.  And that is No ‘No!’ each other.

            I began talking to several suburban school students, who, like me, turned into reptiles.

            I said to them all, "The blood is afraid of lies! The blood sure ain’t a lie!"

            I was responded to by Bull Frog Bob,  “Lizards with them, the flies of the night. What mucus they make my stomach make!”

            Then I told them, "My school class has just begun! I read stuff all over the centuries, and time is not on my side. You girls that  all love soap operas are  already bored; and though  you and others shall yet talk about meanings—my readings do nothing to bring us together over what we say we read."

            And I was pointed to and told by Garter Snake Ginetta, "I've listened to teachers over time instead of you."

            That caused me to say, "I am slow in reading and remembering. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my interpretation of symbols."

            And then Chameleon Carter pointed out, "Then as time went on, and I had got mentally colder, I asked teach some of the strange words of the preceding paragraph, as, for instance, why the coach went to the bases where he had seen the thrown ball. He then explained to me that it was commonly believed that on a certain nineth  of the innings—last innings, in fact, when all throwing sports are supposed to have checked always—a blue flame is seen over any field where caught balls have been revealed."

            I just shrugged, "The last I saw of Mr. Walrus was fisting his hand to me; with a red light of life in his eyes, and with a smile that Turtles in Salt Creek might be proud of."

 

 

 

 

            That’s when I heard Garter Snake Gabriel, "I am clogging my nose to you, and by the smell, where we can balk together freely and build our sines in the air."

            Which got me to say, “There are smells in life and there are blurs, and you are one of the blurds, the fights of all fights.”

            And we listened to Fowler’s Toad Fiona , "We women have something of the motor in us that makes us run past smelly bladders when the under-smart is invoked."

            To which I responded,  "I shall be glad as long as I live that even in that moment of final pollution, there was in this race a look of feces, such as I never could have imagined might have spread across here."

            And I got told by Linda  Lizard, "Why can’t they let a gorilla eat up three bananas, or as many as brought here, and stop all those shoveled?"

            And that got me to say, "Lucky Ducky, but yet how charmed. The wheat bread  was burned by a darn, thoughtless mistake, and the putty to columnar wastefulness."

            And Skinks Samuel pointed out to us all, “These worms seems full of good taste–even if there are minerals in them.”

            Which made me state, "I want you to be relieved...Two wrongs cannot be better than one."

            Which got Bull Frog Betty to point out,  "We burn in barnyards, not from thinking!"

            And I agreed,  "For lies be, after all, only a sometin’ for somethin’ else than what we’re doin’; and eat up all that we can rightly depend on."

            We got snickered at from Garter Snake Ginetta,  “Turtles here is no such thing as fine and friendly.”

            And I just yelled, “'Mr. Walrus' is an excellent and a comforting guy! I am grateful to however he invented himself."

            Then Mr. Walrus took his command over us and ended our loud noisings, and because of the rain he was Snapping Turtle, "We ride the depth of Salt Creek. Nod along You know whose, or what, or where, or when, or how it may be...."

            We quieted down and went our own ways.  The next day at school I wore my shining red guard belt and watched the fellow students walking to or walking from school, at either the beginning of the day, the end of the day, the beginning of lunch, or the end of lunch.  I was at the cross walk at where the north south street met the east west street and there was a stop sign on this street.  I had to make certain that the fellow students did not walk into the street crossing when a car was coming or going.  A group came walking up to go back to class after lunch and it started to rain.  My fellow students walked or didn’t walk as I let them through or did not let them through when there were no cars passing or there were cars passing.  And I turned into a box turtle wearing my red, identifying belt. And the students and the cars did not act like I was anything different from what I was.


                                                          I liked writing this                                                                                                                                          I try to make it so you like reading this                                                                                                          I also would like it if you liked reading THESE

No comments:

Post a Comment