Saturday, July 6, 2024

Warm Up To Worms

 

               That worm was not certain, but obtained its current and correct thoughts and actions that enabled me to advance my physical, emotional, educated, and memorized self when I ate what other human beings left clinging to various barbeque grills.  That worm provided and provoked and proved to itself and me that I would, could, should, and did eat certain obtained materials found in bags and bunches that humans threw out or forgot.

               I was taught by the worm to make friends with snakes, moles, and apple roots.

               I am not prejudicing or prejudging them.  I feel I am made up of them.  You may think I am made up often.

               In case you didn’t know it, Lumbricus terrestris is a large, reddish worm species.  Many humans consider them  to be natives in Western Europe.  However, if you look on the ground, any ground, they are  widely distributed around the world along with several other lumbricids. In some areas they are new and not just visiting, you got to introduce yourselves to these selves.   I sure hope some people stop considering these guys to be significant pests of out of grounders.  Like any other living thing, not all worms are native worms.

               Look under Europe. They host the largest naturally occurring species of earthworm, typically reaching 20 to 25 cm in length, which is  extensive and exciting.

               Their activities are usually tempered and humiliated by temperature and humidity. They say ‘High’ to the soils and ‘Good Night’ to various air temperatures.   They exhibit activities, such as digging low for night moisture, if they are in a dry soil. Digging sucks at  times, particularly in the summer when these worms try to provide us treats from the deepest parts of their burrows. Winter distempers can also reduce happiness, while they feel they are in wartimes, which continue through winter.

               My guardian introduced me to some Lumbricus terrestris who are obligatorily biparental, some people call them ‘The Hermaphrodite Worm.’  That is because they reproduce sexually with individuals mutually exchanging their sperms.   Copulation happens in front of  various humans right on the soil surface.  These guys’ partners remain anchored in their burrows causing many mating rituals which are  preceded by their ritual mutual burrow visits between neighbors. Unfortunately, when some of these mates separate, one of them might be pulled out of its burrow because some non-caring human is going fishing.  Fishing frequency is relatively high in the spring and summer. The relative rise of dead mates  disturbs many underground husband-wives.  They chant of being bragged about in order to relieve  their suffering.  They eventually rejoin the size-related fecundity causing all to play their key roles in their mating with other nightcrawlers.

               You asked me ‘How do they have babies?’  I’ll tell you again, their sperm is stored for as long as 8 months, and many mated individuals produce cocoons for up to 12 months after the mating.  Yes, cocoons, not buffoons.   Didn’t you know that there are cocoons under ground?  Creating kids, fertilization takes place in the cocoon and the cocoon is deposited in a small chamber in the soil adjacent to their paid up burrows. Within a few weeks, happily, young worms emerge and begin to feed in the soil. I remember being fed in the soil.  In their early juvenile phases, these worms do not develop the activity of  borrowing as you typical humans do.  Their adulthood is likely to require a minimum of one year of development, with many of them reaching maturity in their second years.  My guardian, my friend, my adopted parent took care of me for many, many years.  The natural lifespan of L. terrestris is unknown, though individuals have lived for six years before being hooked, lined, and used to attract fish near their humans’ boats’ sinkers.

 

               How long will I live?

 

                        Wholey

Holey

Holy

Holley

Jolly

Just Who Leaves

Jest Who Lies

And Look At Those Flies.

 

               Then you asked me:

 

                         Have You  Seen A Stone?

Was It In You, A Store?

Will You Take A Risk?

I Think  We Will Call You An Asterisk!

 

               You told me about a load of fish, a load that you called a school.  You also pointed out a group of flies. You called them a swarm.  You’re the one who called that swarm.  When it gets warm you will get swarmed by mosquitoes.  You should try to join the worms in the ground.  At least you won’t get ground up.


                                                  I Hope You Read This                                                                                                                                    I Also Hope You                                                                                                                                            Read Some Of THESE


                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment